Code Free access option on the keypad.
In Code Free mode the outside lever will retract the latchbolt without using a code. This option is ideal for day to day use when punching in a code is not necessary e.g. external doors in a school with high traffic.
The CL505 coded plates are supplied with a random code commencing with the ‘C’ clear button. To change the code after fitting, the lock must first be removed from the door.
The code is non sequential, that is the code can be entered in any order e.g. 1234 can be 4321 or 1342 or whatever is the most convenient sequence. With the 10 buttons a total of 1,023 different codes are available, any of which may be entered in any order.
IMPORTANT: When using CL505 front and back plates only, please test with your selected lock-case to ensure that the latch retracts fully from the code side without too much resistance. Some lock-cases have a heavilysprung latch follower designed for use with un-sprung lever furniture. This heavy springing can defeat the clutch on our locks.
If in doubt do not specify one of our locks with a lock-case that is designed for use with un-sprung lever furniture.
- Internal doors and External doors.
- Front and Back Plates only – for use with existing Mortice latch or lock.
- Code Free entry option.
- Lever handle lock for doors hung on the left or right.
- Available in Stainless Steel and Polished Brass.
- Coded Back to Back plates available – CL505BB – Stainless Steel finish only.
- Panic device access kit available – CL505PK – Stainless Steel finish only.
- Use in offices / schools / warehouses / hospitals / care homes / nurseries / hotels / leisure facilities / the home.